- Responsible for planning and managing all aspects of bids from initiation to completion, delivering agreed fit for purpose proposals on time and to extremely high quality standards.
- Manages and motivates bid teams, ensuring that all have clear work allocations and understanding of the evaluation criteria, objectives and deliverables.
- Liaises with the Pre-sales Manager, People Manager, senior delivery and sales staff to ensure the bid team is adequately and appropriately resourced.
- Organises the agreement of commercials, the technical solution and the corresponding solution delivery model.
- Takes responsibility for the completion of bid pricing schedules in accordance with the agreed commercially reviewed figures.
- Ensures all bids are legally reviewed and has a clear understanding of the bid’s contract and commercial terms ensuring Kainos is not compromised by non-compliance.
- Develops and maintains the pre-sales process, ensuring adherence to the formal bid production process.
- Contributes to the productivity of Pre-Sales by owning Pre-sales Improvement Process initiatives.
- Qualifies and assists the Sales Owner to qualify new business opportunities at both a strategic and tactical level.
- Provides training for all new staff involved in pre-sales activities.
- Maintains the pre-sales portal including, opportunity register, creation of bid sites, centralising collateral etc.
- Writes, edits and reviews bid responses, or sections of bid responses, drawing on contributions as well as collateral.
Experience & Capabilities
Minimum of 6 years experience in a relevant commercial environment with at least 2 years demonstrable success in a team leading role (or consulting equivalent).
- Broad IT experience and a sound awareness of technology and business trends and their potential impact on future sales opportunities.
- Solid understanding across all solution areas e.g. project management, consulting, implementation, testing, infrastructure, support and commercials.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of successful sales and pre-sales dynamics.
- Understands customer’s business drivers and issues and how these can be addressed via Kainos’ solutions.
- Proven ability to manage and motivate team members and lead by example.
Highly capable of multi-tasking and prioritising tasks with the ability to work under pressure and deliver to regular tight deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and analytical skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- A positive attitude to overcoming the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos and clients.
- Quality focused with pride in delivered work.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Self motivated and proactive with respect to personal development.
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of duties.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.