Main purpose of role & level in the business:
Responsible for ensuring that Kainos’ innovative digital services and platforms meet the user need and the outcomes agreed between Kainos and the client, whilst ensuring our delivery follows good governance and quality standards. Empowers and supports Kainos teams to perform well, learn and grow in a manner that is consistent with Kainos company values. Looks for new opportunities to win follow on business with existing customers.
- Understands critical success factors for the project (beyond the traditional measures: on time, on budget and to agreed scope) and ensures each work stream has a plan in place to achieve the success factors.
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding profitability targets plus accurate and timely forecasting and reporting of project variables (revenue, staffing, work in progress, debt etc.).
- Exploits opportunities for adding value to the client, ensuring that expectations are proactively managed and issues addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Motivates and empowers teams to create a positive and creative culture for our people to perform well, learn and grow.
- Ensures that all team members have clear goals, receive regular feedback and have timely and constructive appraisals.
- Ensures team members have learning and development objectives to acquire and maintain the skills necessary for the project. Responsible for staffing teams and on-boarding of new team members.
- Builds and maintains constructive and collaborative relationships with the client, other suppliers and third-party stakeholders.
- Ensures that appropriate project governance, reporting arrangements and technical quality standards are developed and followed throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensures project risks and issues are managed effectively and escalated where appropriate.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and agreements and ensures security of information, at all times.
Business Development & Account Management
- Supports future growth by working with Sales & Account Management teams, assisting where required with the sales/procurement cycle to best position Kainos to win profitable new business.
- Promote successes Kainos-wide, to our customers and to the market, through case studies, award submissions, blogs, tweets etc.
- Understands contracts and commercial terms applying to projects and ensures that Kainos is not compromised by non-compliance.
Professional Development and Growth
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives within the Management and Leadership Capability.
- Understands current thinking from the Technology, Experience Design and Consulting capabilities and drives alignment accordingly.
- Encourages innovation in technology and process both within the project and outside the project.
- Proactively assists with recruitment activities to enable stable organisational growth
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable success managing the delivering of technology-based projects using agile methodology.
- Substantial experience in managing and leading project teams including line management responsibility.
- Evidence of developing and managing sound client-supplier relationships and good knowledge of at least one industry vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health or Government).
- Broad technology experience, awareness of current technology trends and a sound understanding of contemporary software engineering practices and behaviours.
- Experience of adhering to robust project governance and technical quality standards.
- Experience of project delivery aimed at digital transformation.
- Experience of user research, analytics and design disciplines and their contribution to the effective delivery of digital services and platforms.
- Evidence of securing significant follow-on business with an existing client.
- Evidence of innovating or leading initiatives to improve management and leadership practices within a team or an organisation.
- Holds a current and recognised Project or Programme Management certification.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate and empower teams and lead by example.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project dynamics.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Have a natural willingness to share information freely.
- Mature, firm but non-confrontational style.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base). A positive attitude to overcoming the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos and clients.
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.