Summary Statement of Job:
- Devises, implements and tests complex solutions which are fit for purpose, using appropriate tools/technologies.
- Devises solutions which are scaleable, resilient, open, efficient, secure, and cost-effective.
- Contributes the systems components as part of a team to the design for a complex system, or individually for a small system.
- Liaises with clients as required, presenting a professional image of Kainos.
- Ensures that deliverables are consistent with Kainos and/or client policies, strategies and constraints.
- Delivers within commercial constraints that apply to the project.
- Applies all relevant standards and procedures to their own work.
- Assists with the preparation of external customer proposals, including production of viable estimates.
- Takes responsibility for team leadership as required.
- Mentors less experienced systems engineers and leads by example in both technical and non-technical aspects of the job.
- Maintains a current knowledge of relevant technology developments and actively shares knowledge.
- Participates fully in the systems request management cycle and can assess, assign and solve problems and issues as required.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Based in a Kainos location but required to work on client site whenever appropriate.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Capable of creating appropriate solutions for complex problems which are configurable, efficient, and easily administered by other team members.
- Demonstrable awareness of business environments into which solutions have been delivered.
- Competent in three or more technologies, and has successfully applied them in a commercial environment.
- Good understanding of systems administration tools and best practice.
- Good understanding and application of quality practices as applied to systems administration, such as backup records, peer review, documentation, resilience and security.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management.
- Can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to team leader or manager, as appropriate.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of duties.
- Proactive and responsible in areas of expertise.
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards the technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.