The Data Solution Architect is responsible for leading multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver contemporary data solutions. They are quality-driven pragmatists, that are able to balance trade-offs to successfully deliver complex solutions. They will be viewed as an authority figure for data technology solutions, providing strong technical and thought leadership, both internally and externally.
Most of our work comes through repeat business and direct referrals, which comes down to the quality of our people. The success of our data projects means that customers are bringing us an increasing number of exciting data projects using cutting-edge technology to solve real-world problems. We are seeking more high calibre people to join our Data & Analytics capability where you will grow and contribute to industry-leading technical expertise.
* Experience of designing, building and productionising modern data-intensive applications
* Strong technical design expertise, competent in security, accuracy, performance, resilience and availability across heterogeneous architectures.
* Broad knowledgeable of the full spectrum of data technologies (data ingestion, transformation, storage, presentation, consumption) being able to integrate these into successful solutions
* Experience of deploying a range of data persistence technologies (file system, object, document, key-value, search, RDBMS, graph)
* Comfortable with traditional and contemporary data warehousing concepts
* Experience of deploying data IaaS and PaaS services from AWS, Microsoft or Google
* Track record of providing technical leadership within data projects including assurance, mentoring and defining standards; able to lead estimation and technical planning activities.
* Excellent client engagement skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders – able to provide thought leadership to clients and the wider industry and to inspire internal staff.
* A self-starter able to work with a high degree of uncertainty.
* Experience of distributed systems, and scalable data pipelines
* Comfortable with data integration techniques such as messaging, queuing, change data capture or data virtualisation
* Comfortable with JVM programming languages
* Worked on proposals to determine both a viable solution and viable price
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background check; whether a criminal record excludes you from a career with Kainos depends on the role and the offences.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.