The Test Manager, WorkSmart, will work with client projects to ensure that the testing of the Workday configuration is delivered within the overall project timelines. This is a client focussed role and will require time on client site. This Test Manager role is a key role within the WorkSmart services offering, ensuring that client test events are delivered to agreed timelines and ensuring that the use of appropriate automated test tools.
With exceptional technical acumen and a positive, business facing attitude – the successful candidate will be a key part of a developing business set for significant growth over the coming years.
- Management of client Workday test events
- Planning the test event, in terms of scope and test load required
- Ensuring that the agreed test load ensures adequate test coverage
- Risk based prioritisation of testing
- Defining test scripts
- Ensuring client side ownership from a functional and integration perspective
- Test event tracking
- Configuring test management systems (e.g. Testrail / Jira)
- Management of the project test team to ensure that they are equipped to execute tests and maintain progress through the test event
- Liaison with key stakeholders through the test event – ensuring that they are kept informed of test event progress and escalated to where required.
- Working with the Workday Implementation Partner in terms of planning the test event and feedback on any configuration issues
- Proactively generating white papers and best practice documentation.
- Contributing to commercial processes and documentation such as SOWs, RFQs, RFPs and ITTs.
- Getting ‘hands on’ with the Smart automated testing tool.
Essential Experience and Capabilities
- A Minimum of 2 years commercial experience within a software testing environment, preferably with a client facing role.
- Experience of planning and executing a significant test event on behalf of an external customer.
- Developed knowledge of the trends in information technology, especially ‘Cloud’ computing and SaaS concepts.
- Experience in the implementation of on-premise or cloud-based business applications such as CRM, ERP, BI or HCM.
- Preferred working knowledge of HCM, Financials or Payroll applications
- A computer science or related degree to at least a 2:1 level.
- Sound communication skills including business writing and excellent spoken and written English
- A developed understanding of quality assurance / automated testing.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.