An exciting opportunity to take on the sales leadership role in the newly established Artificial Intelligence (AI) practice of Kainos plc (LSE:KNOS) one of the UK’s fastest growing technology companies.
Along with many of our global tech partners Kainos believes that AI has the potential to dramatically change our lives in almost every area. Our customers - over 300 organisations globally - are preparing to invest significantly in this technology and are already looking to trusted partners like Kainos for advice and solutions.
The opportunity is across our business:
- In the medium term (3-5 years) we believe there is an opportunity for Kainos to become the recognised leader in the delivery of transformational AI solutions into UK public sector (as we are today in Digital Transformation).
- In our Commercial, Public & Healthcare sectors there is already activity which suggests the demand for AI will increase. Many of our disrupter customers in finance are building modern data platforms (with our help) as the foundation for their AI initiatives. Kainos is well positioned to help on this journey.
- Finally, the HCM sector is already providing many early use cases for AI. Through our global partnership with Workday we are already a trusted test and implementation partner to a rapidly expanding customer base. This gives us access and insight to processes ready for disruption with new AI technology.
Together this represents an enormous business opportunity for Kainos.
The sales specialist role is a key leadership role in this new practice:
- Help develop the ‘go to market’ strategy of the new practice and take responsibility for all sales & marketing related activities in the new unit.
- Develop AI business with new customers as well as in existing accounts.
- Assist the team in defining compelling AI offerings to take to market.
- Build awareness of our existing AI capability among our customer base & partners; look for early sales wins to build credibility internally & externally.
- Identify the early adopters in our customer base. This is an urgent activity in our UK public sector base where Kainos brand is most trusted and where we have already strong, existing commercial relationships.
- Promote our award winning AI /Fraud Detection project with the DVSA (recent winner of the UK AI public sector project of the year) and identify other stories and campaigns to lead into the base.
- Engage with our sales and account teams to build awareness, agree sales model and key sales messages. Contribute to key account planning sessions to ensure AI capability is well promoted and positioned for success.
- Develop key commercial partnerships in the area of AI including our global tech partners Microsoft and AWS but also emerging disrupters and influencers.
- Manage and report on progress against clear financial targets including revenue, sales (sov) and pipeline.
Key attributes and experience in the following areas:
- Ability to leverage AI technologies to drive sustainable business change at scale.
- Proven ability (in consulting led selling) to help customers deliver value from their AI investments.
- Capable of operating in consultative manner at a senior level in client organisations.
- Can understand a business problem & work with our team to develop value based AI solutions to solve it.
- Can build peer level relationships with highly technical AI specialists in Kainos in addition to liaising with senior sales leaders to develop pipeline and close business.
- Strong commercial experience in a sales, pre-sales or consulting environment with responsibility for delivering against financial targets.
- A problem solving, can-do attitude to work in ‘start up’ mode within a mature business to help promote our AI offering both in the wider market and internally at all levels.
- Manage and take ownership of the AI pipeline, qualifying and prioritising opportunities that will deliver AI sales against target.
- Work directly with the head of AI and the AI team to assess opportunities.
- Work with the team and the champions to put account plans in place for approaching the current customer base.
- Work with the relevant champions to schedule and plan visits with current and new customers to generate AI based business.
- Travel with the relevant AI champions to assess customer interest and schedule follow up meetings with members of the AI team (weekly travel to GB will be required)
- Schedule, manage and join customer project meetings and calls to monitor progress
- Feed into the AI practice strategy moving forward based on customer and market feedback.
- Participate and contribute to work planning and scheduling to represent the voice of the customer.
- Capture and document Market Intelligence (MI) gained from customer meetings.
- Work with the AI team to carry out competitor analysis and maintain a centralised competitor analysis and MI resource.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.