Summary Statement of Job:
- Delivers fixes and RFCs which are fit for purpose. Delivery incorporates requirements capture, design, development, testing and operational implementation where required.
- Proactively takes ownership for incidents and RFCs in areas of expertise and designated responsibility participating fully in the incident management lifecycle.
- Ensures that deliverables are consistent with Kainos and/or client policies, strategies and constraints.
- Liaises with clients as required, presenting a professional image of Kainos.
- Delivers within commercial constraints that apply to the support agreement.
- Applies all relevant standards and procedures to their own work.
- Takes responsibility for team leading as required.
- Cross-skilling of less experienced team members.
- Leads by example in both technical and non-technical aspects of the job.
- Recognises and raises business opportunities.
- Maintains a current knowledge of relevant technology developments and actively shares knowledge.
- Advises customers on the technical, operational and business impacts of processes, incidents and RFCs.
- Involves development/systems team/third parties as appropriate.
- Contributes to service review meetings.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Based in a Kainos location but required to work on client site whenever appropriate.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Experience of development in two or more projects and/or related technology fields which they have successfully applied in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrable awareness of business and operational environments into which solutions have been delivered.
- Capable of developing fixes and RFCs for complex incidents which are efficient and easily administered by other team members and customers.
- A thorough understanding of the demands of the SLA and how to meet this within the bounds of Support Services procedures.
- Broad experience of communicating directly with customers.
- Capable of working without supervision in specialist areas.
- Good understanding of software development tools and best practice.
- Good understanding and application of quality practices as applied to software development, such as code and document review.
- Capable of effective prioritisation of tasks and personal time management.
- Can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to team leader or manager, as appropriate.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of duties.
- Proactive and responsible in areas of expertise.
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards the technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.