Here in Kainos, it’s not all about software! We have excellent opportunities for students to join us on their placement as Trainee Infrastructure Services Engineers.
On your placement with us, you will work as part of a team in gaining excellent skills in a wide range of infrastructure-related areas - systems and helpdesk support, hardware implementation solutions, troubleshooting, network and server management. You’ll have great support and mentoring, balanced with the experience of being given real, meaningful work to do, to help you truly develop both technically and professionally.
What you’ll do
- You’ll implement and test solutions using tools/technologies, with support and guidance from our experienced team members
- You’ll liaises with clients (predominantly internal) as required, presenting a professional image of Kainos
- You’ll ensure that deliverables are consistent with Kainos and client policies, strategies and constraints
- You will carry out some purchasing and general administration tasks, relating to the Systems team responsibilities
- You’ll participates in the systems request management cycle and can assess and solve problems and issues as required
- You’ll apply all relevant standards and procedures to own work
- You’ll develop technical knowledge and awareness of those technical areas in which requested to work
- You accurately record your own time and accurately report progress on your own work.
- You comply with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
Who you are
- You are currently studying a degree with at least a 60% component of IT, with a slant on hardware, infrastructure, systems support and system administration skills.
- You have a range of basic systems administration skills, or are in the process of developing these.
- You have an understanding of quality practices and capable of applying to systems administration, such as backup records, peer review, documentation, resilience, and security.
- You’re organised, and capable of prioritisation of assigned tasks and personal time management.
- You can recognize and flag issues outside area of own expertise or responsibility to more senior colleagues, as appropriate.
- You’re capable of working with limited supervision.
- You understand the importance of keeping colleagues and managers appropriately informed, and can communicate confidently at internal meetings.
- You are curious about all things tech, and have your own personal interest technology projects would be a great advantage
- We are a customer focused business, so people with strong communication skills, who are professional, credible and open is a must
- We all work in teams here in Kainos – strong team skills are crucial
- We pride ourselves in doing our best and delivering to a high standard, so attention to detail and having a high quality focus is definitely required.
- You’ll have a flexible, "can do" attitude, with the ability to manage your own time and enthusiastic to learn
What you’ll get
This placement opportunity will start in Summer 2017, and last for one year. You’ll gain invaluable hands on project experience in a fast paced environment, developing your skills and your confidence to help you kick start your career.
Who we are
What we do is mind-blowing: we use cutting-edge digital technology to change the way the world works. Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives.
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
Closing date – 7th November 2016
Apply via – www.kainos.com/grads
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.