Responsible for taking the lead role in consulting or specialist assignments that are aimed at achieving demonstrable business benefit and potentially evolving into major projects for Kainos. Works closely with client and with Kainos delivery teams in shaping and delivering solutions that are fit for purpose and commercially viable. Provides strong leadership within Kainos and advises on areas of specialism at all levels.
Summary Statement of Job:
- Responsible for taking the lead role in consulting assignments, building trusted client relationships, whilst being recognised as key advisor in own specialist areas.
- Shapes and deliver major consulting engagements that are aimed at achieving demonstrable business benefit, achieve profit targets and potentially evolving into major projects for Kainos.
- Agrees objectives, outputs, milestones, timescale with client, together with associated contract and commercial terms.
- Creates well structured & accurate deliverables and presents at up to client board level leading to acceptance of recommendations.
- Ensures that knowledge & experience is captured and disseminated at end of assignment.
- Maintains a current knowledge of specialist areas and provides appropriate thought leadership internally and to clients.
- Manages and motivates Kainos team members ensuring that all have clear objectives, receive regular feedback on performance, and have timely, honest project appraisals completed.
- Pro-active in mentoring a group of Consultants.
- Develops own internal and external networks, while recognising competitor strengths & weaknesses in relevant market areas.
- Identifies and takes appropriate action on opportunities to win business, including negotiating and closing at a senior client level.
- Develops new skills & services in relation to current & future market requirements.
- Takes responsibility for devising and costing viable, winning solutions, working closely with the Kainos sales and pre-sales teams.
- Contributes to and leads in the formation of offerings and products for existing markets and support entry into new markets.
- Complies, and ensures team members comply, with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
- Based in a Kainos location but required to work on client site whenever appropriate.
Experience & Capabilities:
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a relevant commercial or technical environment with at least 4 years demonstrable success in consulting (or project equivalent).
- Strong in chosen consulting specialisation and demonstrates adaptability to embrace new disciplines.
- In depth experience of at least one major business vertical (e.g. Financial Services, Health, Government).
- Experience of at least 2 business applications environments (e.g. EDRM, BPM, CRM, etc).
- Breadth of knowledge across the Kainos areas of operation.
- Broad business & technology experience and a good awareness of industry trends and their potential impact on current & future business applications.
- Experience of working at a senior level with at least 4 different clients and demonstrable evidence of building strong client relationships.
- Experience of creating and working to project plans and leading small teams together with handling change controls.
- Sound communication skills including ability to formally present to senior client and conference audiences.
- Strong commercial awareness and sound understanding of project and business dynamics.
- Strong ability to make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Ability to recognise competitor strengths & weaknesses in specialist areas.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & handle uncertainty.
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues, including formal presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- A good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Mature non-confrontational style.
- Quality focused.
- An effective mentor and teacher
- Articulate, enthusiastic, responsible, logical and thorough.
- Visionary and entrepreneurial with a positive "can do" attitude towards the challenges facing Kainos and clients.
- Highly flexible (willingness to work away from home base).
Kainos is a professional services organisation with clients spread across the globe and we deliver projects both from client site, and from our offices. While we will attempt to base you on projects near or at your contracted office location, you need to be willing to travel to client sites and spend time away during the week if it is required.
Given the range and nature of work that we carry out for our clients, all Kainos employees are required to possesses up to date security clearance (Basic Disclosure, Access NI etc), if you do not already possess this, you will be asked to apply for it prior to joining Kainos.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.