A division of Kainos, WorkSmart is the largest boutique partner for Workday in Europe with a rapidly expanding footprint in the US, helping organizations across 96 countries safeguard their tenants’ functionality and security.
Our relationship with Workday began in 2011. Drawing on our decades of experience with software development and delivery, our first focus was Workday integrations. Soon we expanded into full deployments, helping companies like Grant Thornton, EasyJet and Travelex deliver Workday to their global workforces.
Join Kainos WorkSmart as a Project Manager:
The WorkSmart Engagement Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation management of enterprise scale solutions for clients by working closely with client business teams and internal delivery teams to drive the scope, definition and delivery management of solutions that are fit for purpose and commercially viable. This is a senior position taking accountability for the complete solution delivery lifecycle alongside the leadership of internal capability both from functional (HR) and project delivery perspective.
- Commercially managing the solution implementation lifecycle of major global Workday programmes from pre-sales and bid management through to discovery, development, testing, deployment and post-implementation review.
- Acting as the key client interface between functional and technical teams and the client.
- Pragmatically offering domain experience within HRIS / HCM solutions to provide functional insight and thought-leadership.
- Providing project management leadership and guidance to clients and colleagues.
- Managing all aspects of project delivery including project planning, resourcing, milestone tracking, commercial management and customer satisfaction.
- Leading and supporting blended teams of colleagues, client and partner resources to share knowledge and develop an integrated delivery ethic.
- Agrees objectives, outputs, milestones, timescale with client, together with associated contract and commercial terms.
- Documents requirements, business processes, application configurations, testing plans and other artefacts to ensure shared understanding and facilitate knowledge transfer.
- Creates well structured & accurate deliverables and presents to client board level leading to acceptance of recommendations.
- Identifies and takes appropriate action on opportunities to win business, including negotiating and closing at a senior client level.
- You will be an experienced leader of IT project delivery with direct experience in the successful delivery of IT solutions within a consulting environment, coupled with exceptional personal drive and ambition to progress your career.
- Full lifecycle project management experience, from initial opportunity through to requirement development / definition, functional solution design, implementation, data-migration, system testing, user acceptance testing, go-live and service management.
- Four years of Project Management experience with a consulting / IT services environment.
- Experience of managing distributed teams.
- Excellent commercial management and negotiation skills.
- Strong business writing skills with experience in the production of business cases, requirement documentation, tender documents, contracts, statements of work and change requests.
- Demonstrable success in identifying and taking appropriate action on opportunities for additional business.
- Ability to provide effective pre-sales support as required, including devising and costing viable, winning solutions working closely with a sales team.
- Sound commercial judgement, with a proven track record in the execution of contract and commercial terms applying to the project.
- Commercial experience of running a team.
- Working in an Agile project environment
- ScrumMaster or similar Agile delivery certification
- PRINCE 2 (or similar) certification
- Strong functional HR domain expertise including areas such as core HR, recruitment, talent management, absence management and learning and development.
- Strong communication skills with an affable and credible persona, including formal presentations
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to work away from home base
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.