The Senior Design Associate (Marketing) will be responsible for the development and governance of the brand’s visual identity, design integrity, and marketing materials. They will shape and ensure uniformity across our portfolio of assets and channels. A passionate advocate for user-centered design, design thinking and service design, the Senior Design Associate (Marketing) understands that good design is rooted in solving problems, not simply looking pretty.
Summary Statement of Job:
- Responsible for the design of an intuitive, effective, user focused website, related digital journeys, and a variety of other brand collateral that meets both the needs of the business and its target audiences
- Advise on the most appropriate approaches and media for presenting content to audiences
- Define User Interface (UI) elements and interaction patterns for our digital channels, such as layout, design patterns, and controls
- Deliver designs that meet web standards, customer and content needs, best practice design principles and guidelines
- Be responsible for production-ready Front-End code (HTML / CSS etc)
- Be responsible for accessibility and cross-browser/cross-device compatibility/performance of materials
- Continually optimise online experiences
- Manage external designers, as necessary, to ensure uniform design and/or user experience across brand touchpoints
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Stand over their work, but be open to constructive feedback
- Develop and document a design system and design language for the brand
- Comply with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times
Experience & Capabilities:
- We’re broadminded about experience, but you’ll almost certainly have a minimum of 5 years’ commercial design experience
- Experience of establishing and scaling design systems and visual language systems
- Extensive experience designing, building and maintaining responsive websites and responsive email templates
- Experience building CMS templates and functionality
- Experience of delivering on business objectives through design efforts
- Experience designing (or managing the design of) non-HTML marketing collateral
- Affable, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Good team player capable of delivering results in less than perfect circumstances.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible (including willingness to work away from home base).
- Enthusiastic in the pursuit of duties.
- Proactive and responsible in areas of expertise.
- Proactive with respect to personal development.
- A positive "can do" attitude towards the technical challenges facing Kainos and clients.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.