ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Experience of substantially contributing to a completed solution, involved for more than half its duration.
- Competent and experienced in two or more technology areas
- Demonstrable awareness of business and operational environments into which solutions have been delivered.
- Capable of creating designs for low to medium complexity components, which conform to basic design principles such as encapsulation, coherence, abstraction, scalability and simplicity.
- Thorough understanding and experience of coding and data structure principles, and application of coding standards.
- Good understanding of testing principles, including unit, system, and user acceptance testing.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Able to produce viable estimates and deliver to them.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times.
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE AND CAPABILITIES:
- Comfortable delivering in an Agile environment.
- Strong skills in modern technologies.
- Ability to coach and mentor less-experienced staff.
- Constructive, professional, credible and can communicate effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Team player with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Quality focused.
- Highly flexible and willing to work away from the home base.
- Enthusiastic, with a positive "can do" attitude.
- Proactive with respect to personal and technical development.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.