Leads multi-skilled agile teams to design and deliver complete solutions that meets user needs and quality standards by,
- Taking responsibility for functional and non-functional design done for the solution across teams.
- Taking responsibility for the infrastructure supporting development and live operation.
- Taking responsibility for design and automation of components or layers of the infrastructure that are scalable, resilient, open, efficient, secure, and cost-effective.
- Taking responsibility for configuration management policy and continuous integration approach across teams.
- Taking responsibility for automation supporting the deployment pipeline(s) to deliver software into live operation.
- Accountable for the management, estimation and timelines underpinning infrastructure deliverables/milestones.
- Working with customer architects to agree functional and non-functional design.
- Working closely with development teams to ensure the infrastructure meets the needs of the service.
- Advising customers and managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of user stories and user journeys.
- Coaching and mentoring technical architects and other technical staff.
- Taking responsibility for technical solutions as part of the sales process.
- Complies with all confidentiality and non-disclosure policies and/or agreements and ensures security of information at all times
- Has in-depth infrastructure delivery experience across the following areas: Operating Systems, Virtualisation, Storage, Networking (including security) and Cloud technologies.
- Experience in configuration management technologies including: Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience of continuous integration and deployment pipelines to deliver digital services.
- Has successfully delivered infrastructure designs for all the layers of multiple web-based solutions.
- Experienced in estimating, planning and working to challenging timelines to deliver an operationally ready service.
- Able to prioritise non-functional concerns for customers and incorporate these into the infrastructure design.
- Understands whole solution architecture concepts and can communicate and negotiate these with customer architects.
- Has coached and mentored junior and experienced technical staff.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving Agile delivery.
- Able to simply and clear communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations.
- Has an open attitude to sharing information.
- Has respect of their team members and is able to provide technical leadership to a team.
- Able to prioritise their own time and activities.
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.