Overview of Role:
The Test Consultant will work within client projects to ensure that the testing of the Workday configuration is delivered within the overall project timelines. This is a client focussed role, and will require time on client site. This Test Consultant role will be key in building the overall Test Management capability for Kainos, ensuring that client test events are delivered to agreed timelines and ensuring that the use of automated test tool, Smart, is optimised for the test event.
With exceptional technical acumen and a positive, business facing attitude – the successful candidate will be a key part of a developing business set for significant growth over the coming years.
- Management of client Workday test event
- Planning the test event, in terms of scope and test load required
- Ensuring that the agreed test load ensures adequate test coverage
- Risk based prioritisation of testing
- Defining test scripts
- Ensuring client side ownership from a functional and integration perspective
- Test event tracking
- Configuring test management systems (e.g. Testrail / Jira)
- Management of the project test team to ensure that they are equipped to execute tests and maintain progress through the test event
- Liaison with key stakeholders through the test event – ensuring that they are kept informed of test event progress and escalated to where required.
- Working with the Workday Implementation Partner in terms of planning the test event and feedback on any configuration issues
- Proactively generating white papers and best practice documentation.
- Contributing to commercial processes and documentation such as SOWs, RFQs, RFPs and ITTs.
- Getting ‘hands on’ with the Smart automated testing tool.
Essential Experience and Capabilities
- A Minimum of 2 years commercial experience within a software testing environment, preferably with a client facing role.
- Experience of planning and executing a significant test event on behalf of an external customer.
- Developed knowledge of the trends in information technology, especially ‘Cloud’ computing and SaaS concepts.
- Experience in the implementation of on-premise or cloud-based business applications such as CRM, ERP, BI or HCM.
- Preferred working knowledge of HCM, Financials or Payroll applications
- A computer science or related degree to at least a 2:1 level.
- Sound communication skills including business writing and excellent spoken and written English
- A developed understanding of quality assurance / automated testing.
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to manage “virtual” teams who may be spread across multiple locations / geographies during the test event
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong communication skills with an affable and credible persona, including formal presentations
- Ability to make sound decisions under pressure, taking a balanced view of client demands and Kainos commercials
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Good team player with strong leadership, coaching and people management skills
- A positive “can do” attitude towards the commercial, technical and staffing challenges facing Kainos
- Highly flexible, including a willingness to work away from home base
We’re an inclusive bunch at Kainos and we believe in equal opportunity. We welcome applications from all walks
of life, including those with criminal records. Everyone who is offered a position here undergoes a background
check, however no one is treated differently due to their background where it isn’t relevant to the role. It’s
important to note – failure to reveal information which is relevant to the position sought, could result in us
having to withdraw the conditional offer of employment.
In short: Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with Kainos. This depends entirely on the
nature and requirements of the position, together with the circumstances and background of offences.